Wednesday, August 05, 2009

real customer testimonial

I'll never eat another grocery store bought vegetable as long as I live. Ok, let's be honest, I probably will, but it will only be because I am desperate for said vegetable that can only be purchased from the grocery store (or "the grocery" as John's roommate calls it...she's from Georgia...what can I say). I've been going to the Farmer's Market on Wednesdays and buying vegetables. They're amazing. I bought a head of red leaf lettuce three weeks ago, not only was it the biggest, most delicious head of lettuce I've ever eaten, but there is still part of it in my fridge...three weeks later and it hasn't gone bad yet. Ha! No pesticides + no genetic manipulation = no rotten food.

This week I bought carrots. Sure they cost more than the ginormous bag of carrots from Costco, but they are the best carrots I've ever eaten...EVER. Ok, maybe it's just been a while since I ate "real" carrots, but that does not undermine their amazingness. Can't get your kids to eat their veggies? Give them some homegrown carrots and they will think they're eating candy!

1 comment:

Finnskimo said...

Can't be better than Grandma's carrots! Remember when she had the carrots, radish, peas, strawberries and raspberries in the yard??? I DO! Too bad our soil sucks up here. Ah well. Send me some fresh produce and I'll send you...uh...musk ox! :) haha...and Caribou...and seal oil?!??! :)